Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Intro to Breeding 101

I'm Brock "the Rock" Obama, and my job will be to teach YOU how to breed the ultimate pokemon!

First some basics, so I do not overwhelm you.

1) Not all pokemon can breed together. All pokemon are divided in "Egg Groups", and only pokemon that share an egg group can breed. A good site to find which pokemon are compatible is this one: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

2) Most pokemon have a few moves that they can learn only if the father has it in his moveset, and this is the key to breeding a pokemon with an excellent moveset.

3) If both parents know a move, and the offspring can learn the move, then the offspring will exit the egg knowing that move. This turns out to be a key technique for breeding, because pokemon get better stat increases when they evolve, but will sometimes not know these moves until later. This helps get the most out of your pokemon.

4) If the father knows a TM or HM move, and the offspring can know it, then the offspring will hatch from the egg knowing that move. This was much more useful in Generation IV games, when TMs were one-use only, but it is still nice to have in Generation V.

5) When hatching eggs, be sure to have a pokemon with the ability "Flame Body" or "Magma Armor" in your party. This will make the hatch-time halved, so you can get what you want faster.

I'll go into more later, but for now that's all I'll say for the rules of breeding. Trust me, it can get more complicated than that.

So enjoy reading "Masterbreeding in my Room"! Comments will be allowed of course, so you'll be able to contribute your thoughts into the builds I put up here. I know I'm not perfect(though I'm pretty close), so I'll keep an open mind. No pokemon is intended to have just a single build. Certain builds are better than others.

Also, a disclaimer. I've thought all of thes builds up myself unless I state otherwise in that post, but I am not certain by any means that I am the first to create the builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment