Thursday, June 5, 2014

Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon: Redux

I know I already did Growlithe, but he's so versatile, I had to make another one. This is far more defensive than my other Growlithe build, which you can find here.

Flame Burst
Helping Hand
Snarl
Will-o-Wisp/Morning Sun

Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Modest (-Attack, + Sp. Attack)
IVs: 31 HP, 31 Defense, 31 Sp. Defense (if in Gen VI, add in Sp. Attack and Speed).
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense

This was a build designed for Double Battles, aiming to support whichever partner Pokemon you choose (I'll be posting a good partner for it in the next few days). With Intimidate, both of the opponent's Pokemon have their Attack lowered by one stage. Snarl can be used to deal moderate damage to both opposing Pokemon, and lower their Sp. Attack by one stage each. Helping Hand is obviously to boost your partner's attack, whatever it may be. Flame Burst is for a decent STAB that will also cause the nontargeted opponent to take a small amount of damage as well (1/8 to be exact, great for those times when the opponent has a Pokemon that Focus Sashed the last turn). The extra damage of Flame Burst is typeless as well, so you can use it on anything, even if it has Flash Fire. Will-o-Wisp is for Burning physical attackers to cut their attack in half, while Morning Sun would be for healing yourself, whichever you prefer. I personally use Will-o-Wisp, since that would help defend my team as a whole, while Morning Sun only helps Arcanine.

No breeding for moves is necessary with this guy, unless you want to evolve him at level 1 with a Fire Stone, in which case you'd have to breed two Growlithes that both know Flame Burst & Helping Hand (Snarl & Will-o-Wisp are TMs). For Morning Sun, just use the same method from the other Arcanine build I posted.

This build can also be modified to Single Battles, just replace Flame Burst with a stronger Fire attack, and Helping Hand with Morning Sun or Fire Spin. Switch out and back in to continue activating Intimidate, if necessary.

As always, sorry for my inactivity. On the plus side, I've recorded some videos of some of the Pokemon I've shared on this blog, so I can put them up soon, probably under a separate label.

Brock out.

1 comment: